Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Flower Gardens

This flower bed was completely overrun with ugly ground cover and vines. I have been fighting it all spring, so I finally got the lawn mower in there and wacked a majority of it down.

After round up and brush killer, Mom told me that these plants wouldn't take the poison to the roots until later in the summer, they just try to grow too hard in the spring.

With that in mind, I get a weed eater and completely scalped everything in the bed. It looks great for the present time. I know that they ground cover and vines will grow back, but at that time I will spray them with the vine killer and that should take care of it.

Natalie and I planted three pumpkins and two spaghetti squash in the bed since it will be our garden this year.



Tools of choise: weed eater, shovel, pick, soil screen, and ax. (click on pictures to enlarge)



Finished Product :)


Finished Product :)

No comments: